Facilitate communication between customers, colleagues, and manufacturers & provide accurate answers with clarity and expediency
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Answer emails and phone calls and handle accordingly per customer needs
- Craft emails with clear description to elicit specific answers from over (150) different manufacturers, all with different systems and procedures
- Communicate status of customer inquiries in a clear, concise manner via telephone and email, including close follow up with manufacturers and customers until issues are resolved
- Error free order entry, including converting and processing orders, and sending them to the factories, and order comparison against approvals
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Additional Responsibilities & Expectations
- Ability to stay ahead of potential problems with orders, particularly those stemming from history of manufacturer’s successes or failures
- Prepare submittal packages as needed
- Follow up on all existing orders to be sure they are on schedule, and expedite as needed
- Required education and experience – High School or GED equivalent with customer service experience, and other support-based positions
- Preferred education and experience – Associates Degree or higher preferred, three (3) years lighting industry experience, Customer service experience in the commercial lighting industry,
- Competency – Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, accurate writing and typing skills, ability to self-edit, friendly mannerism on phone, product knowledge, customer service skill set
- Additional eligibility qualifications – Good organizational skills, independent thinker, team player, knowledge of Oasis system, Certificates of Training Completion with Lighting Manufacturers’
- Supervisory responsibilities – Currently no direct reports
- Work environment – This is an (assigned) inside office position. Occasional out-of-office destinations could include, other offices, site visits and factory visits. This is not a remote from home position due to 1) on-going collaboration required between other team members in the office, and 2) industry requires hand on activities where resources and tools are located in the office (e.g., blueprint machines, large scale printers, all other team members, etc.)
- Physical demands – The physical demands of this job can include prolong periods of sitting, standing, and on occasion lifting (15 lbs.). Must also be able to access and navigate each department and office
- Position type and expected hours of work – Full time position (40 hours), Monday – Friday
- Travel – No travel is expected as part of this job with any regularity
Send resume to email@example.com
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time and/or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Diversified Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.